OWN is hosting an event coming up that we would love to share with you and the entire Black Law Students’ Association (BLSA). In two weeks, we will be hosting our annual career panel, What it’s Really Like to be a Woman in Law. These panelists will discuss their education, career path, how they got to where they are today, struggles they faced being a woman in law, how to maintain a successful work-life balance, having children and working, and other advice to women entering the profession. We think the discussions will really resonate with many of the feelings and concerns female students may be experiencing.
DETAILS OF THE EVENT:
OWN Career Panel: What it’s Really Like to be a Woman in Law
Date, Time, and Location: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 12:30 to 2:30 (room 2001)
1. Robyn Vogl, Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Ontario
2. Lori Anne Thomas, LaFontaine & Associates (criminal law)
3. Dijana Simonovic, Human rights legal counsel
4. Bindu Cudjoe, In-house counsel at BMO
5. Madam Justice Katherine Van Rensburg
6. Ronda Bessner, Visiting professor at Osgoode Hall
We hope to see you and your student group there and please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks so much!